Tuesday 25 September 2012

Cucumber and Yoghurt DIY face mask and scrub

This is a cleansing and very refreshing face mask made up of cucmber and yoghurt - as suggested by the name :) It will have immediate effects and leaves your skin feeling smooth andhydrated. This mask will help prevent pimples and blackheads. However, if you do have them, it is adviseable that you avoid using thickened yoghurt.

You will need :
- chopping board
- spoon
- cucumber
- original yoghurt
- knife
- bowl

This is what I will be using - opps! forgot to include the bowl...  D:


Now lets start!!!   >.<



Cut off a segment of your cucumber and slice it in half like so. This is pretty much all the cucumber you'll need.
 

 
 Add two spoonfuls of yoghurt into your bowl/container. I'm using thick greek yoghurt, so you might like to add three spoonfuls of yoghurt if yours isn't that thick.
 
 


 Scrape the inside of the cucumber into the mixture with your spoon. You can scrape in some of the flesh (sorry, didn't have a better word for the firm bit between the seeds and the skin)as well as the seeds.

Your cucumber should look like this when you've finished scraping.










 



 



 Mix! and your done! You can apply this straight to your face or arms, or any part of your body. Then just sit back, close your eyes, relax. Keep the mask on for at leat 5 minutes for it to take affect.

To make a scrub, follow the rest of the steps...


 
 Mash up the rest of the cucumber that you've scraped. This would work as a scrub by itself, and it'll be a great way to clean your face after wearing the cucumber and yoghurt mask! But no harm done adding it to the mixture and using that as a scub.

 
 
Here is a picture of what it looks like
 
I hope you guys liked this, if you know the name of the 'flesh' of the cucumber please comment below and tell me, I am actually really curious.
 
>.<



3 comments:

  1. I think you meant 'pulp' of the cucumber ^_^
    Will definitely try this mask ♥

    PS. Ar you by any chance following me privately?
    Because I have now many issues with my
    follower button, and I can't see you
    following me as you told me in comment~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love a good DIY mask! Definitely going to try this. :D Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, I'd like to try it! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete